10/18/2011

Rain, rain...STAY!

We have really been needing some rain lately. Thankfully, it begun to rain just before I left work this afternoon! Unfortunately, the rainy weather makes me very sleepy and lethargic. Shannon picked Chloe up from school and took her shopping in Anderson, so I decided to take a little bit of 'me' time to watch "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves." I loved this movie back in the day... Just reminiscing about the lovely Brian Adams "Everything I Do, I Do It For You" song featured in this film (not sure if that was really the title of the song, but oh well...lol).

This rain is making me think about the last time we saw a very little bit of rain on the 10th, when the Lavonia FD came to visit my students. They were so excited to learn about fire safety and have the opportunity to walk through the fire truck. One thing they all remembered was to stay low to the ground to keep away from the smoke. I pray my students never have to face anything like that! Below is Chloe trying out the fire truck:


I am hoping for a few more days of rain, so our fall foliage will be vibrant in color!!

No comments: