11/27/2011

Forgiveness

Earlier, I was writing in one of my other blogs and really loved the following saying:



It really got me thinking about how we allow things to continue burning and dwelling inside us about hurtful situations. In addition, it made me think about the fact that we are not here to please other people, but to please our Lord! The following verses really helped me to remember to let it go and allow Christ to take control of the situation:

Genesis 50:17 "So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him."

Matthew 6:14-15 "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."


Today has been one of those lazy days of: doing homework, hanging out with my family, blogging, and enjoying the last moments before I head back to work tomorrow. It shouldn't be as tough knowing that Chloe is there with me every step of the way, but once you are out for a little bit, it makes it tough, regardless! Thankfully, we have three weeks & two days before our next break which = more time with my family!!

Looking forward, though, to the upcoming holidays with my students. Praying for each one a very enjoyable holiday season, as I know some of my students look forward more to coming to school rather than having a break :( That is one of the toughest parts of my job. I just hope to make the remaining times with the children the most enjoyable (and educational - of course)! That, too, brings me much joy!! On to the busy work week we go...

1 comment:

Granny Noles said...

That's funny... as I was listening to a program this morning all about Forgiveness and this fits it almost perfectly !