11/05/2011

The Holidays

Was just sitting here listening to my sweet girl singing and playing in our cozy living room... then I began thinking about all the excitement of the holidays. What makes it exciting? She does...


This time of the year is my favorite with the children at school, and I am just so grateful that she will be with me every step of the way to enjoy it even more! We have two weeks before we are out for Thanksgiving break, and during that time, we learn all about the Thanksgiving holiday, how to be thankful for the little things in life, among other things... It will be so fun for daddy and I to eat the holiday lunch at school with our girl, even though I have devoted my Monday lunches to her this school year:) The smiles on her face and the joy that the Lord has given us through her is what life is all about! I have to remember not to let some of the hassles of the holidays ruin the joy that is already there... I am praying for a relaxing and peaceful holiday season. :)


On another note: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 is quickly approaching... Samantha and I are looking forward to spending that evening together. Also, Shannon, Chloe and I are excited to be attending Sam's game this coming Tuesday. I have not really been in the gym since I became an Emmanuel Alumni...


Be content with life and what you have, and do not be conformed to this world...
"But godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

No comments: