2/11/2012

I FINALLY did it!!

I finally did something that I should have done a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago - I deactivated Facebook!

Reasons why:

1. It can be consuming.
2. It radiates negativity.
3. It was becoming weird to know ALL about everyone else's business (sometimes a little To Much Info., honestly).
4. It can be dangerous to post too much information about yourself and your family.
5. I cannot STAND DRAMA! (really... I get tired of reading or hearing about FB drama - I want NO part of that).

What will I miss?

1. Connections with family & my handful of friends. (that is why I have this BLOG  - problem solved!)


So, what has been going on with the Fulbrights lately:

Not much, which is the way we like it! We take life as it comes and make the best of the moments we have together. As each day goes on, I learn more and more about people and life in general. Many things that have happened to me, have made me who I am, and for that I am very grateful. I am very thankful that I have someone, like Shannon, that I learn so much from. He keeps me grounded and helps remind me of important lessons in life - all advice he has given me has been right on the money. (shhhhh...) It is not easy to tell him he was right all along...lol. He amazes me in his knowledge about people, situations, and how to handle oneself. I have and continue to make mistakes along the way with people, as I am super trusting and very naive. My trust level has gone down drastically as I learn more and more about people & I hope my naive ways will soon leave me. I am praying that wisdom will replace that...

God sends just the right people to you if you place all your trust in him - it is really not as important that we trust others, as long as we know we can trust in God. I received that from a Charles Stanley message last night! (had a great time & learned a lot about myself last night Erica, Bethany, & Mary)

I used to listen to a song "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica (which has a different perspective than I will share right now) - but nothing else does matter when you have God the Father guiding your path. Now, if only I can focus on him and not the negativity that seems to show its ugly face so clearly each day. In addition, I pray that rather than speak of the negative things I see, I begin pointing out the good I see. I had the opportunity to do this yesterday, and I am saddened because I did not take that opportunity that was given me. This is another lesson to be learned... that I am hoping I will get better with over time.

Enough about me - what about Chloe, Samantha, & Shannon:

Chloe is learning so much in Kindergarten and it is wonderful that I have the privilage of being a part of molding her educational foundations. Of course all parents think their child is smart and beautiful, and I am no different :) I began a journal for her last month and write in it occasionally to share some of the little things she does... She and I decided together that I will give her all the journals I write on her future wedding day. I read them to her occasionally, so she will remember some of the special moments we share <3

Samantha and Nick are once again a couple. I am a very forgiving person, and welcomed Nick back with open arms... With Shannon on the other hand, it will take some time...LOL! (typical daddy) She is also in her 2nd year of college and performing wonderfully:) She will enter into the School of Education very soon!! I know how relieved she will be, as I was there not too long ago... Oh, and she will be going to her Kelly Clarkson concert in Feb. (we bought her 2 tickets for Christmas).

Shannon is Shannon - keeping up with our home... keep us all grouded and solid... he is the foundation:) He is super excited, as he went to Greenville yesterday to get a new motor for his boat - it doesn't take much to make him happy..LOL! He has been needing to do this, but always puts it off. Other than that, he enjoys sleeping in and snoring...haha (Chloe actually made a text-to-self connection in writing the other day where she wrote about how her daddy snores just like the character from our story - I cracked up when I read it...LOL).

Other than spending each possible moment together and working, we enjoy our time together at home. I must say when you love someone and are around them so often, you tend to fuss all the time about stupid things. Regardless, the peace that being together (usually) brings, is refreshing! Just like the peace I feel now as I am watching the horses gallup in the fields across the street, the snoring I hear coming from the man I love, and the giggles and laughter I hear from my precious little girl:)

No comments: