2/20/2012

Lights...Camera...Action!

Yay! We went to two more antique stores today & as I was making my way through the last store, there it was... 'THE' lamp!! I had not seen one just like this online or in any stores. It was love at first sight!! Not sure what style this is, but I was so excited when I saw it sitting on a mantel from afar...





Browsing antique stores is not only fun, but I find it relaxing. You can find so many great ideas - some I have even seen on pinterest! Shannon has found a few things along the way too: a rod, a reel, a Coca Cola stool that he plans to cover with a Fender logo (for playing his guitar), a faux plant, a candle holder that is like pieced together glass. Oh, and we cannot forget Chloe... she got a beenie baby pup & a Veggie Tale movie.

Some time this week, we are heading to Greenville to Monkey Joe's (for Chloe), Old Tyme Pottery (for me), and Guitar Center (for Shannon)...LOL! A little something for everyone... we will see what that adventure has in store for us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the lamp! It's definitely unique! I need to try antique stores, never thought I'd find anything I like in there but like you said, you never know. Are they expensive though? Where are the antique stores at around here? LOL Hope you guys have fun in Greenville!

Kimberlee Fulbright said...

thanks - we have two in lavonia, y'all have one downtown & probably more (need to search online perhaps) - they can be pricey depending on what you are looking for, but you can also catch some good finds and unique items that you cannot get in stores. We got our indoor & patio table sets at antique stores; my hummingbird lamps; tissue holder in main bathroom; etc.

eosley said...

I love the lamp, & oddly enough, have one VERY similar, just a different shade. What is it they say a/b great minds again?! ;)

Kimberlee Fulbright said...

@ Erica - that is too funny - we DO think alike!! Hope your break is going great!